San Diego Magazine gives readers the insider information they need to experience the Best of San Diego® — from the best places to dine and travel to the style, businesses, and people that shape the region. This is the magazine for San Diegans with a need to know. As an enthusiastic group, our company enjoys working together and constantly looks to one another for ideas and inspiration. Teamwork and collaboration are at the core of our success.
Our design intern works closely with the art department on San Diego Magazine, Exquisite Weddings Magazine and several other custom publications for notable San Diego brands including: San Diego Humane Society, Scripps Health, UCSD Extension, San Diego Tourism, Visit Oceanside, Rady Children’s Hospital, Hall of Champions, and Breeders’ Cup. The intern will receive general training in art direction, design techniques and the production process. This is a fantastic opportunity for a student interested in publishing.
- Students MUST RECEIVE SCHOOL CREDIT through a university for the internship
- Students must be proficient on Mac computers
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Interest in print design and magazine production
- Graphic Design experience through school or otherwise
- Good attitude and ability to work with a team
- Big Plus! (not required) – knowledge of HTML/CSS programming, Dreamweaver, Flash, WordPress, Photography
Duties involve assisting the magazine’s art department with day to day design duties, including layout design, stock photography research, marketing and promotional design (advertising, postcards, banners, flyers, name tags, etc.) and assisting on photo shoots. This internship works closely with seven designers. Interns have the opportunity to develop portfolio pieces. Intern assignments will vary in order to provide the student with experience over a broad range of subjects.
How To Apply
If you believe you meet the requirements and have a genuine interest in the field, please apply by sending your resume and design samples to [email protected]. Please be cautious of file size when submitting your application.