San Diego Restaurant News & Food Events
- Oceanside’s Michelin-starred Valle is hosting 12 Days of Giving from December 1-12 by donating up to $1,000 from their dining proceeds to The Autism Society of San Diego which supports the local autism community and El Sauzal Foundation, Casa Hogar, which supports “education and advocacy for abandoned, abused and wounded children.”
- Duck Dive in Pacific Beach is launching their Great Dickens Holiday Pop-Up on Friday, December 1 with eight festive cocktails and Christmas decorations for the holiday season. On the menu, try the Bah-Rum-Bug with rum, aperol, pineapple, maple, lime and cinnamon.
- This past spring, we shared that Korean restaurant Choi’s was heading to the Petco Park area. Now, the restaurant has finally opened its doors.
- Patisserie Melanie is starting a new dinner service on December 6. To give diners a sneak peek of the upcoming menu, the North Park restaurant is hosting pop-ups leading up to the big day. The last two pop-ups are on Friday, December 1 and Saturday, December 2 featuring dishes like gratin dauphinois (Friday) and boeuf bourguignon (Saturday).
- Frida’s Taqueria recently launched their second location in Oceanside. Now, the taco stars are expanding with a location in Vista (expected to open in January) with the same menu and concept as their Oceanside and OG Escondido location.
Have breaking news, exciting scoops, or great stories about new San Diego restaurants or the city’s food scene? Send your pitches to [email protected].