San Diego Magazine gives readers the insider information they need to experience the Best of San Diego® — from the best places to dine and travel to the style, businesses, and people that shape the region. This is the magazine for San Diegans with a need to know. As an enthusiastic group, our company enjoys working together and constantly looks to one another for ideas and inspiration. Teamwork and collaboration are at the core of our success.
The web intern work closely with the Digital Media Director and Web Editor to assist with a variety of projects associated with our Advertising, Marketing and Editorial departments. Your focus will be on website production and may include digital marketing and advertising. This position is ideal for students interested in pursuing careers in front-end web design, publishing, digital marketing, and digital advertising.
- Assist with daily maintenance of website, including uploading articles and resizing photos.
- Assist in developing and sending marketing and house email blasts in HTML/CSS.
- Assist with design and development of digital banner ads as skillset allows.
- Work with Editorial and Marketing teams to publish issue and blog content to SanDiegoMagazine.com as skillset allows.
- Assist in digital local market research. Research trends and traffic in Google Analytics.
This is an unpaid internship; student must be able to receive school credit through their university. The candidate should have basic knowledge of HTML/CSS, Photoshop, and InDesign. The candidate must be detail-oriented, responsible, and flexible. Come with a willingness to learn!